HOW THE APP WORKS
How Do You Know? app builds and strengthens expressive language skills, listening comprehension and verbal reasoning skills. Students learn to answer “WH” and “HOW” questions by talking about key details and relevant information. They practice making inferences to explain how they know! Studies reveal that critical thinking, like making inferences, are essential to meet core curriculum standards and to understand what’s going on in the classroom.
- Question comprehension: who, what, where, when & how
- Verbal reasoning strategies to make inferences
- Critical thinking skills to distinguish key details
- Build vocabulary and semantic knowledge
- Recognize and label associated vocabulary
- Practice reading comprehension at sentence level
- Verbal reasoning skills
Lots of content; vivid pictures and over 10 categories to choose from:
- Places, Activities, Weather, Emotions, Conditions & State of Being, Time, Events, Holidays, People & Occupations, Animals, Geography
- Data collection with percentages for both Wh-questions & How questions
- Different levels of audio and visual prompts
- Study Guide section called “Let’s Talk About It!”
- Email reports and share results with parents, teachers, & therapists
- 100 name capacity; edit to add/delete name
- "Read to Me" option; audio on/off
- Practice reading at phrase & sentence level
- Reinforcement; encouraging audio feedback for correct /incorrect responses
- “Listen Again” button
Mom with Apps
Educational App Store
Certified Teacher App Library
Certified Parent App Library
The author: Lynn Epstein, MS, ASHA certified speech language pathologist with over 30 years of clinical experience in child language and communication development. How Do You Know? is based on successful strategies and lessons used with thousands of students to strengthen communication and reasoning skills.
How Do You Know? app likes to keep things private.
We respect your privacy! We do not sell or share any information.
Plus, we don't like hidden costs so there are no in app purchases.
We also don't like distractions, so you won't find any advertisements either.
That's the privacy and particulars policy!
Lynn Epstein, MS,SLP-CCC